The City of Bluefield, West Virginia is excited to be participating in Small Business Saturday for the second year in a row. We have grown since last year and have even more local businesses joining us in the events of the day. Be sure to come out on November 26, 2016 and take part in the day with us. See below for information on participating businesses, contests & contest rules and special promotions going on that day!
Businesses Participating in Small Business Saturday
- 3Up2Up – Pop-Up Location at Corner Coffee Espresso Bar and Bistro
- Big Whiskey Barbecue Company – 610 Raleigh St.
- Blue Mountain Apothecary – 320 Federal St.
- Blue Mountain Mercantile – 320 Federal St.
- Bluefield Inn and Restaurant 2109 – 2109 Jefferson St.
- Bluefield Yarn Company – 313 Federal St.
- Bunny’s Suburban Shoppe – 1607 Bland St.
- Carol’s Restaurant and Catering – 1170 Bland St.
- Casablanca Boutique – 1603 Bland St.
- Citizen’s Building Supply – 600 Bluefield Ave.
- Corner Coffee Espresso Bar and Bistro – 600 Cherry St.
- Craft Memorial Library – 600 Commerce St.
- Estep Tire & Auto Center – 716 Bluefield Ave.
- Graci’s Lotion Bars – Pop-Up Location at Corner Coffee Espresso Bar and Bistro
- Grants Supermarket – 315 Bluefield Ave.
- Hearthside Books – 1603 Bland St.
- High Falootin Uniforms – 401 Raleigh St.
- Hobo Nickels by Buzzardjaws – Pop-Up Location at Cole Harley-Davidson
- K&K Music Company – 2459 Washington St.
- Kammar Furniture – 400 Bland St.
- Landmark Antiques – 200 Federal St.
- Monogram Magic – 1807 Jefferson St.
- Mountaineer Bowling Lanes – 3224 East Cumberland Road
- Only One Look – 130 Princeton Ave.
- Patty Joe’s Restaurant – 3029 East Cumberland Road
- Portabella – 412 Princeton Ave.
- SwiftNet Integration – 1807 Jefferson St.
- The RailYard – 530 Raleigh St.
- The Salon- 314 College Ave.
- The Ugly Duckling – 301 Federal St.
For a list of sales and promotions going on with participating businesses, please visit the following link: http://mybluefield.org/small-business-saturday-sales-and-promotions/
Ugly Sweater Selfie Contest
- You may submit one selfie at each participating business and the Holiday of Lights. Tag the location of the business in your post and have your picture with the business logo clearly visible if possible. Since there are 29 businesses and the Holiday of Lights, each participant can submit up to 29 selfies, one at each location.
- If more than one person appears in your photo and it is chosen as a winner, only the person who posts the photo will win the prize
- Entries can be posted to the Small Business Saturday event page on Facebook This event page can be found under the Department of Community and Economic Development’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BluefieldCED/. Remember to use the hashtags #SmallBizSaturday #BluefieldWV.
- Entries can be submitted through the Aptivada contest portal on any of the Alpha Media radio stations.
- Entries can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selfies must be appropriate in nature.
- The contest will run from 10:00 a.m. November 26 until midnight. No entries will be accepted past November 26.
- Winners will be announced the week of November 28.
- Prizes are $100 for first, $75 for second and $50 for third.
Small Business Saturday Favorite Small Business Contest
- Each participating business should submit a photo by November 14. If you do not submit a photo, one will be chosen for your business.
- Not every business that is part of the American Express Small Business Saturday is required to compete in this contest. It is voluntary but all business are encouraged to participate so it can market the event and each participant.
- Business photos will be listed in an album in alphabetical order on the City’s Community & Economic Development Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BluefieldCED/.
- Each business is responsible for promoting their photos by reaching out to friends, family and customers to get likes on their photo in the album on the City’s Community & Economic Development Facebook page.
- The contest will run from November 14-26 at midnight
- Winners will be announced the week of November 28