2018 Small Business Saturday Participating Businesses
Baker’s Hill Inn
Big Whiskey BBQ
Blue Spoon Cafe
Bluefield Yarn Company
Brooks & Company
Citizen’s Building Supply
Craft Memorial Library
Imogene & Rose Paper Studio
Just the Thing Gift Shop
Kammer Furniture Company
Ladies & Littles
Mountaineer Bowling Lanes
No Cages Garage
Only One Look
Patty Joe’s Restaurant
The Ugly Duckling
In honor of Small Business Saturday, the Community and Economic Development of the City of Bluefield is holding 4 contests. Please read below for further instructions!
“Shop Small, Win Big” Contest
- Any customer who makes a purchase in a participating business in the City of Bluefield, WV will be entered to win free Chick-fil-A for one year. (One entrée per week)
- The grand prize winner will be drawn and announced on November 27th.
Sponsored by Mercer Mall Chick-fil-A
“Share the Shop” Contest:
- A social media contest, in which a participant takes a picture in any participating business (a selfie, picture of the shop or merchandise, or purchase) on Small Business Saturday.
- The participant must tag the business and use the hashtag #MyBluefieldSBS2018when posting the picture to Facebook or Instagram.
- Winners will be drawn at the City Board Meeting, noon, November 27th.
- Prizes for the winners are $100 for first, $75 for second and $50 for third.
“Favorite Small Business” Contest
1.Photos of each participating business will be listed in random order on the City’s Community & Economic Development Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BluefieldCED/. (You must like the photos on this page for it to count)
2.Each business is responsible for promoting their photos by reaching out to friends, family and customers to get likes on their photo in the album on the City’s Community & Economic Development Facebook page.
3.The contest will run from November 17th through midnight on the 24th.
4.Winners will be announced at the City Board Meeting, noon, November 27th.
5.Prizes for the winning business are $100 for first, $75 for second and $50 for third.
“Guess That Business” Contest
- The Community and Economic Development Department (CED) will be taking a picture at every participating storefront business and post those pictures on Facebook and Instagram for participants to guess which picture came from which participating storefront.
2. Starting November 15 through November 26, the CED will post two pictures a day, one at 9AM and one at 6 PM for participants to guess which picture goes with which participating storefront.
- The top three participants who get the most guesses correct, win.
- Winners will be announced at the City Board Meeting, noon, November 27th.
- Prizes for the winners are $100 for first, $75 for second, and $50 for third.