Get connected with our youth recreational programming!
The arrival of spring means baseball and softball season! To learn more about our Little League, click the link below! Check out all that we have to offer on several different fields.
Youth Basketball is a great option for youth who want something to do during the winter. Sign-ups are held in late fall.
- 3 Age Divisions
- Itty Bitty (5-7)
- PeeWee (8-10)
- Midget (11-13)
- Teams from Princeton, Bluefield, VA, Tazewell, VA, Montcalm, Mount View and Bluefield WV
- 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade All-Star Travel Teams
The City of Bluefield Parks and Recreation Department offers Adult Basketball during the spring season of each year. Click here for more details.
After School Programs- The City of Bluefield Parks and Recreation After-School and Summer Programs focus on promoting the development of educational values, physical fitness, social and emotional skills, and creativity for school-aged children in the local community.
Youth Flag Football- Coming Soon!
Trails (Hiking, Biking & ATV)
- West Virginia Trails – Enjoy land, water, and motorized trails! Click on the link for more details and information.
- Southern Gateway to the Hatfield McCoy Trails
- The rich history and culture of Appalachia is captured in Mercer County, WV. In the southern WV coalfields, the stories of the miners and the rich culture that emerged speak to us even a century later. Let us share our story of Miners and Millionaires. See the hardships of the coal miners and the lavish lives of the mine operators. Experience America’s authentic coal story in our museums and historic sites. Unwind in the beautiful scenery of the Appalachian Mountains. Four Seasons Country is right in our back yard, with a beautiful display of natural beauty in the spring as well as vivid color in the fall foliage. Among the beautiful scenery and sites, lie many opportunities for outdoor adventure. To really get your heart pounding, roar through the mountains on an ATV or mountain bike, or ski down the mountain with the wind in your hair. Adventure is just around the corner in the southern gateway region. Come enjoy our fairs and festivals, such as Princeton Autumnfest, Italian Festival or Bramwell Oktoberfest, just to name a few. Relax in a historic bed and breakfast and enjoy amenities of the area. Golf on some of the finest courses in Southern West Virginia or fish in the spectacular scenery of the mountains. Take in a baseball game with one of our two Appalachian league Professional baseball teams, the Bluefield Blue Jays and Princeton Rays. Shop in our unique galleries and specialty shops. Visit us in Mercer County, WV for some small town, southern hospitality. You will love it so much, you may want to stay! Mercer County, WV
- Need a new hobby? Get familiar with the outdoors by participating in this GPS-guided treasure hunt!
- Spearhead Trails – Gateway from Interstate 77 to Original Pocahontas ATV Trail
- Get out and explore! Spearhead Trails is the go-to spot for families and adrenaline chasers!
Tony Lotito Park – Bluefield City Park
- Outdoor Volleyball- Come enjoy some outdoor fun in the sand volleyball area located near shelter 1 in the City Park!
- Tennis Courts – Our nine tennis courts are fantastic! High school students, college students, and guests use our courts for competitions and leisure.
- Horse Rink- Our Horse Rink is popular for the annual Shriner’s Horse Show. This is a fundraiser to send crippled and burned children to Shriner’s hospitals in Lexington, Kentucky and Cincinnati, Ohio. This showcases competition and class for equestrian enthusiasts across the Mid-Atlantic Region. It is affiliated with the Mid-South Horse Show Association, American Saddlebred Association of the Carolinas, American Saddlebred Horse Association of Virginia, and the East Tennessee Saddlebred Association. For additional information, please visit the Shriner’s link or call 304.320.9341.
- Yakkity Yak Children’s Park- Yakkity Yak Children’s playground is an awesome and safe place for children and families to have some fun!
- Biking, Hiking and Walking Trails in City Park – Come and enjoy some of the trails of Appalachia with family and friends.
- Bring your friends and family to the park soon to ride The Ridge Runner, the nostalgic little train that is an important part of Bluefield history! All tickets are $1.50 per person
- Picnic Shelters
- 4 Shelters are available to reserve in the City Park for family reunions, birthday parties, and other celebrations April – October.
- Call 304-327-2448 to reserve one today
Mitchell Stadium – Home of Beavers, G-Men and Bluefield College Rams
- Top 10 HS Football Stadiums to see before you die
- Graham G-Men HS Football
- Bluefield Beavers HS Football
- Bluefield College Rams Football
Herb Sims Recreation Center – Auditorium, Gymnasium, Youth Center
- Rent our facility for your next meeting, event or party! 304-327-2448
- Rent online at cityofbluefield.com/
Bowen Field – Bluefield has been home to professional baseball since 1939
East River Mountain Overlook Park
- Experience a scenic view of Bluefield and the East River Valley at 3,500 feet above sea level from this renovated scenic overlook.
- Located in Mercer County, West Virginia, just off of US 460 on Route 598.
- Provides observation deck w/ binoculars, hiking trails, restrooms, picnic shelters w/ tables and grills.